While it’s important to keep your clothes looking clean and crisp, there are a few things you need to keep in mind if you want your favourite pair of denims fitting you just as well and also lasting you longer.
- Spot clean with a damp cloth or an old tooth brush when you don’t feel the need to get the entire pair soaking in soap suds.
- Flip them inside out when the entire pair needs washing. This will keep the colour from fading soon.
- Wash as infrequently as possible to keep fit intact, avoid shrinkage and keep them looking new longer. Having said that, we know India’s a warm country and wouldn’t suggest you walk around in a smelly pair of denim.
- Cold wash only and with gentler detergents- for one, it saves electricity; two - choose the environmentally friendlier detergents and three - your denims will thank you in the long run. Hot water washes affect the spandex yarn in your denims and they’ll be more prone to loosing their elasticity.
- Check your pockets for strange objects, pens and other things that might ruin your favourite pair during laundry.
- Avoid turbulent spin cycles
- Air dry instead of putting them in the dryer - this saves electricity, the planet and your denims. Pick easy breezy line drying once you’re done with your laundry. If you’ve ever observed lint on your clothes, take it as a sign of your clothes disintegrating one step at a time.
At Urban Touch, our denims are made of a combination of Cotton and Spandex with just the right count and construction of yarn. The fabric is pre-shrunk to ensure your denims don’t shrink everytime you wear and wash them. Our denims are made of Twill weave, Jacquard weave and are sometimes even knitted to ensure they stretch with you for hassle free all day comfort.
What’s more? You’ll be blissfully unaware you’ve even worn a pair of denims. That’s how easy they’ll be on you to put on and peel off.
Author: #Sneha Sundareshan